Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Announcing Elena Grace!



I can honestly say giving birth was the most amazing experience ever. The past three days of laboring have been miserable, but the pushing-- the actual birth... incredible. When I got to 10 cm and it was time to push, they actually turned my epidural off, which surprised me a bit but in the end feeling everything was incredible. After the last push I was able to catch Elena myself and pull her up onto my chest. The doctor and nurse were shocked how quickly I was able to push her out... it was under 1 hour. I was up, eating breakfast and showering less than 2 hours after delivery.

Elena had a busy day today. Ita and Ito (Dad's parents) arrived at the hospital right after she was born so they were the first to meet her. Grammy (Mom's mom) arrived at about 10:00 am. Uncle Jose stopped by after work, and Pop (Mom's Dad) and Aunt Becca came after Aunt Becca finished her Physics test (oh the joy's of high school :) . So she has officially met all her grandparents and her god parents.

Mom and Dad are going to try to get some sleep while she is sleeping... but paparazzi dad updated the photos on the link... so check them out.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I am shocked at how alert she looks on her first day - eyes wide open and everything! She's adorable.